Regular Full Day Kindergarten
The Regular Kindergarten program is a full day and provides each child with learning experiences that promote the total development of the child with a focus on five learning areas:
- Communication: literacy and numeracy.
- Community and environmental awareness.
- Creative and cultural expression.
- Physical skills and well-being.
- Personal and social responsibility.
Young children learn in an integrated way. These five learning areas will be addressed through integrated thematic units on topics which interest and motivate the children.
The regular program at Calder School provides instruction from Grade 1 through Grade 6 that follows the mandated Alberta curriculum. Each school in Edmonton Public Schools complements the teaching of the curriculum differently, based on the needs of their students and input from parents.